Historic District Micro-Grant Program
The Town of Mount Airy micro-grant program was created to assist small businesses within Historic Downtown Mount Airy that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and affiliated State Executive Orders.
- $25,000 in Town funds and $25,000 in State funds for a program total of $50,000.
- One-time grant with no repayment due.
- Award amount will be determined by the number of eligible applicants.
- Award amount will be evenly split among the eligible applicants, up to 25 businesses.
- Limited to one award per business entity.
- Eligible grant uses only which are restricted to business operating expenses or COVID related business adjustments (i.e. payroll, inventory, rent, utilities, mortgage, patio heaters, tents for outdoor seating, technology upgrades)
Criteria for Eligible Businesses:
- Must be a registered business entity in good standing with the State of Maryland
- Have physical establishment within the Town of Mount Airy and be located in Downtown Mount Airy
- Engaged in activities currently regulated or impacted by the COVID-19 Maryland’s State of Emergency and have a license/permit associated with that regulation
- Have no pre-existing tax liens or legal judgments
- Demonstrate a loss of business revenue of 30% or more related to COVID-19
- The following entities are NOT eligible:
- Home-based businesses
- Non-profit organizations
- Banks & financial institutions
- Investment real-estate entities
- Government agencies
Contact Melissa Thorn at 301-829-1424 or at email@example.com for additional information.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS NOW CLOSED.
Application and Review:
- Online applications will begin on September 24, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.
- Deadline to apply is October 8, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Awards will be announced on October 15, 2020Awards will be announced SOON. The Micro-Grant Committee will be able to review them in the near future.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Micro-Grant Committee.
- Review will be based on eligibility. If more than 25 applications are received, review will also be based on need.
- Awarded applicants will receive a check in the mail.
- This funding CAN be combined with other funding sources, tax credit programs, and state grant or loan programs.
- If you received funding from the Mount Airy Small Business Operating Assistance Grant Program in June 2020, you may still apply.
- Awardees will agree to report basic employment and business data for up to 2 years after the grant is issued so the program can track progress and success.