Hometown Heroes Banner Program
The Town is opening up a second round of the program with thirty (30) additional banners to lead up South Main Street from Sunset Avenue towards Ridgeville Boulevard! Please look at our current Hometown Heroes on this web page to get examples of what you would like to put on the banner.
The Application Round will Close on March 26th OR Sooner When All Banners are Sponsored.
What we need from you:
- Completed Program Application - click HERE for the application.
- Photo of Service Member
- Biography on military career and/or personal life. Brief or long average is 100 words.
- Proof of Mt. Airy Residency of Service Member (Articles, Water Bill, License, Address, etc.)
- Proof of Honorable Discharge (Form DD-214) - Omit SS# - Or we will redact. Active Duty members will not need this.
- Check or Cash $125.00: Make payable to "Town of Mount Airy"
Contact Information and Multiple Ways to to Submit Application Requests
- Email Town Staffer Melissa Thorn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Drop off in person to the Physical Drop Box at the Front Entrance of Town Hall located at 110 South Main Street, Mount Airy, MD 21771
- Send via mail to Town Hall, PO Box 50, Mount Airy, MD 21771
**You can take any printed photographs to SK Printing, 216 S. Main Street, Mount Airy, MD 21771 to be scanned in for best quality.
Using a mobile device, scroll down this page to view the brief biographies and autobiographies of our Mount Airy Hometown Heroes as listed by the Street, in the order that they are placed.