Top Ten List during COVID-19 Pandemic
10. Follow the important tips listed on our mailers to #helpstopthespread and located at Protect Yourself and Others from Coronavirus on our website for download.
9. Blood Donors Needed! Healthy individuals can schedule an appointment to give blood with the American Red Cross by visiting RedCrossBlood.org, or, calling 1-800-RED-CROSS.
8. Consider completing your Census which is completed per household and can be completed online with or without your census ID that was mailed to your address. Go to https://my2020census.gov/ to complete this quick and simple online form. Doing so endures that you and your community gets the maximum amount of government funding available.
7. Help is here! President Trump signed into law a multibillion-dollar emergency aid package aimed at helping Americans impacted by the coronavirus. The Small Business Association (SBA) has financial assistance and guidance for small business, the Town of Mount Airy has halted water shut-offs and loosened sign regulations. Governor Hogan has put into effect a 12-month non-interest load, a low-interest long term load and a grant available for small busineses. Mt Airy Net is distributing food. For important resources available, see our Community Involvement and Resources page.
6. If you are able to help, please go to our website at www.mountairymd.gov and complete our online form by clicking the green “I Want to Help” button. We are matching needs with those who can help.
5. Let us know if you need help by clicking on the “Need Help?” button on our website.
4. Mount Airy is stepping up to help our neighbors in need. Please share your feel-good stories with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
3. In the message from Mayor Pat, he states, “We are experiencing an unprecedented time, however together we will overcome this challenge as we have other challenges throughout our history.” You can read the whole message at Message from Mayor Pat and sign up for future notifications.
2. Please patronize your local small business as much as possible. For updates on who has carry out, delivery and curb side pickup, go to https://mountairymd.gov/391/State-of-Emergency-Restaurant-Updates
1. Take care of yourself! Call a friend. Let us know if we can help. #wewillovercometogether