Streets and Roads Commission
The Streets and Roads Commission is charged with the following duties:
- Investigate and make recommendations concerning traffic control and traffic calming measures.
- Review and provide advice on street, road, sidewalk and gutter maintenance.
- Undertake such other studies, programs and recommendations as may be appropriate or requested from time to time by the Town Council. Recommendations are taken to the Town Council for approval as appropriate.
The Streets and Roads Commission consists of up to seven members including a liaison. The Commission meets on the fourth Thursday of every other even-numbered month at 7:30 pm at the Mount Airy Town Hall. Current members are listed below.
- Ken Phebus – Council Liaison (2017)
- Pete Maheridis – Chairman (4/15)
- Lori Stone (8/15)
- Wayne Creek (2/16)
- Tom Fleming (10/17)
- Jennifer Smith (4/15)
- David Pribulick (4/15)
- John Stuehmeier – Alternate (8/16)
Buffalo Road Traffic Counts for November 2012: BuffaloRoadCounts2012
Master Plan Draft: Chapter 5 Transportation 2012