The Ethics Commission is charged with the following duties:
- To prepare, receive and maintain all forms required by Section 13 of the Mount Airy Code including the annual Financial Disclosure Statement.
- To provide written advisory opinions as requested by covered individuals as defined by the Code.
- To process and make determinations as to complaints filed by any person alleging violations of the ethics section of the Code.
- To conduct public information programs regarding the purpose and application of the ethics section of the Code.
The Ethics Commission meets on an ‘as required’ basis. A press release is issued whenever the Commission schedules a meeting. The Ethics Commission consists of four members and one alternates, who must be town residents and serve a four year term. Current members are listed below.
- Dick Swanson – Chairman (9/17)
- Heather Hobbs-Michael (6/17)
- Carroll Roles (4/18)
- Jeff Magee – Alternate (5/15)