This is a unique Mount Airy Commission devoted towards beautification projects throughout the year and throughout the Town. This commission works closely with the Parks and Recreation Commission.
The Commission develops and executes landscaping and enhancement plans for both Town property and parks. It currently has a full roster, but visitors and other volunteers are always needed to help maintain the Town parks and gardens.
The Beautification Commission is comprised of seven members, five of which are town residents, who serve a 3-year term. Current members are listed below. The Commission meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
- Beverly Blatchford (5/17)
- Dick Heiger – Vice Chairman (8/18)
- Mary Hushour (8/18)
- Dwight Mullinix (11/18)
- Amanda Patterson – Alternate (9/17)
- Jason Poirier – Council Liaison (2019)
- Tina Swanson – Chairwoman (11/16)
- Jan Timreck – Secretary (9/16)